Thursday, May 26, 2011

The "Ugly" Truth about Myofascial Pain Syndrome

To explain this Myofasical Pain Syndrome further in terms we can all understand, I was reading one of my books entitled "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain. A Survival Manual. 2nd Edition" by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland. Mind you this is the only book I've ever found of the two subjects mixed together. Anyways, point being that, if you imagine a piece of uncooked chicken. The skin is slimmey and slippery and moves about very easily. Now imagine your neck for example is made of human skin, underneath is "chicken skin", (I know lots in between), then bone, then more "chicken skin" then human skin again. Everyone without Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome moves that "chicken skin" around very easily. You don't have an issue checking your blind spot while driving, or turning your head when someone yells your name out in a crowd. Then there's me, and maybe you, if you have this unfortunate diagnosis. This "chicken skin" has turned into concrete. Yep, hard as a rock, can't hardly move an inch, rebar and all...Concrete. Now you add in good old Fibromyalgia which most of you are now familiar with and what do we have? A very painful experience my friends, So, next time you ask why I hurt so bad...thank your lucky "Chicken Skins"


Amanda Lakso
May 26 2011 7:47pm