Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Partnering with Your Healthcare Provider

Managing fibromyalgia may often require a team approach involving several healthcare providers. Depending on your symptoms, you may need to see a:
  • Primary care or family physician
  • Rheumatologist
  • Pain management specialist
  • Physical therapist
  • Psychiatrist or other counselor
It is important to work with your healthcare provider to develop a treatment plan that addresses your particular symptoms. Sharing your answers to the Fibromyalgia Doctor Discussion Guide is a great conversation starter.
Your doctor may ask you questions such as:
  • What kind of symptoms are you experiencing?
  • How do these symptoms impact your life?
  • What do you think causes these symptoms?
  • What do you think makes your symptoms worse?
In addition to your healthcare team, there are a number of organizations and support groups ready to help you learn more about fibromyalgia and how to manage it. Please discuss the resources available with your healthcare provider.

Link to discussion print out:  http://www.webmd.com/living-with-fibro/fibro-pain-impact-tool